Talk about pursuing meaningful work…
The four teenage girls showcased their invention which stood out amongst many others at a startup fair in Lagos, Nigeria, called Maker Faire Africa, which “actually shows off innovations, inventions, and initiatives that solve immediate challenges and problems, and then works to support and propagate them.”
In other words, they, and others, have created something which literally can be the difference between life and death…
According to the description, here’s how their generator works:
- Urine is put into an electrolytic cell, which cracks the urea into nitrogen, water, and hydrogen.
- The hydrogen goes into a water filter for purification, which then gets pushed into the gas cylinder.
- The gas cylinder pushes hydrogen into a cylinder of liquid borax, which is used to remove the moisture from the hydrogen gas.
- This purified hydrogen gas is pushed into the generator.
- 1 Liter of urine gives you 6 hours of electricity.
Of course, this could prove to be extremely in many places around the world where the electrical grids are not adequate to provide power to those that need it. Like New York City for instance…
Have a Fantastic Friday everyone!